When it comes to your information, PhishingFree and SafeToOpen Corporation and its group of companies (“PhishingFree”, “SafeToOpen”, “we”, “us”) are committed to transparency and choice. We protect your privacy by all mean. This Statement is designed to let you know what information we collect about you on our systems (“ Your Information”) and how we use that information in accordance with our mission to ensure you do not open malicious links.
This Statement only applies to the personal and business information we collect through our systems and does not apply to information collected by or in connection with your use of our products and services. To learn more about the privacy practices relating to certain products or services, please contact us.
Please note that we may use PhishingFree and SafeToOpen interchangeably.
Information we collect:
When you report a URL to us or contact us, we may collect or ask you to provide certain information in order to help us manage our relationship with you. This information may include:
* Contact details, such as name, email address and phone number
* Shipping and billing information, including credit card and payment information
* Your transaction history
* Information you provide to us to receive technical assistance or during customer service interactions
* IP addresses, FQDNs, and URLs submitted to PhishingFree/SafeToOpen
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Information to:
* Detect phishing websites targeting your business
* Create and manage your account
* Verify your identity and entitlement to products or services, when you contact us or access our services
* Provide commercial quotes for our products and services
* Process your purchase transactions
* Update you on the status of your orders
* Manage your subscriptions
* Provide you with technical and customer support
* Subscribe you to a newsletter, send product updates or technical alerts
* Communicate with you about and manage your participation in contests, offers or promotions
* Solicit your opinion or feedback, provide opportunities for you to test our new features/products
* Research and implement product improvements and product updates
* Evaluate and improve the quality of our products, services and websites
* Enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements
In addition to the purposes described above, we may, in compliance with applicable consent requirements, use Your Information to provide you with advertisements, promotions and information about products and services tailored to you and your needs. This may include using demographic data or trend data provided by third parties, where permitted. Contact details, including email addresses, may be used to contact you. If you do not want us to use Your Information in this way, you can simply choose not to give your permission on the web pages and/or forms with which we collect Your Information. Please note that in some regions this may involve un-checking a box. You can also exercise this right at any time by unsubscribing from a promotional email.
We do not use any of your information for the Internet-based advertisement.
Information From Third Parties:
We do not obtain any information about you from third parties.
Tracking Technologies & Do-Not-Track Cookies:
We do not track your activities on our websites.
How We Disclose Your Information:
We do not sell, lease, rent or give away Your Information. We only disclose Your Information as described below, within our group of companies, with our partners, with service providers that process information on our behalf and with law enforcement. Processing is only undertaken for the purposes described in this Statement. If we disclose Your Information, we require those we disclose it with to comply with adequate privacy and confidentiality requirements and security standards.
We may provide Your Information to our partners for the sole purpose of allowing them to conduct SafeToOpen business. Our partners go through a certification process and only after that are they authorized to promote and sell our products and services. Our partners may use Your Information to communicate with you and others about SafeToOpen services. We do not share your contact details with promotional email.
Service Providers Processing Data On Our Behalf:
We may use contractors and service providers to process Your Information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Statement. We contractually require service providers to keep information secure and confidential, and we do not allow our data processors to disclose your information to others without our authorization, or to use it for their purposes. However, if you have an independent relationship with these service providers, their privacy statements will apply.
In certain instances, it may be necessary for SafeToOpen to disclose Your personal information to government officials or otherwise as required by applicable law. No personal information will be disclosed to any law enforcement agency or governmental agency except in response to:
* A subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction
* A legal process having the same consequence as a court-issued request for information, in that if SafeToOpen were to refuse to provide such information, it would be in breach of local law, and it or its officers, executives or employees would be subject to liability for failing to honour such legal process
* Where such disclosure is necessary for SafeToOpen to enforce its legal rights pursuant to the laws of the jurisdiction from which such information was gathered
* A request for information with the purpose of identifying and/or preventing credit card fraud
* Where such disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat of bodily harm to the data subject
Transfer Among PhishingFree/SafeToOpen Entities:
We are a global company and, as such, we process information in many countries. To conduct our business, and in accordance with this Statement, Your Information may be transferred to SafeToOpen Corporation in multiple geographic zones. If the privacy of your data-in-rest is a big matter for you, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can help you with the nearest geographical zone to process and preserve your emails.
How We Protect Your Information:
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect Your Information from misuse, unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage or destruction. These measures include:
* Physical safeguards, with locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing your information.
* Technology safeguards, like the use of anti-virus and endpoint protection software, encryption, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies. For example, credit card information is transmitted using Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption.
* Organizational safeguards, like training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect Your Information. Our organizational privacy policies and standards also guide our handling of Your Information.
Storage of Your Information:
The information we collect from you may be stored on servers in the Amazon AWS.
Our site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
Managing Your Information:
We retain Your Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We also retain and use Your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We delete the original email from our mail servers one the analysis of your emails has been finished. The metadata and the report of your emails are still stored on our servers, and you can delete them from your dashboard.